Maize Rules & Information
Here are just a few simple rules and guidelines. These are for your health & safety and to ensure everyone has a great time!
- Please make sure you keep to the path when going through our maizes. This is to ensure the maize is kept in good condition and to prevent you from being injured.
- Absolutely no smoking anywhere on site. This is for the safety of all parties and our lovely maze.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied in our main maze. This is quite a large maze and it's easy to get lost. Please make sure you know where your children are at all times.
- No dogs in the maze except for guide dogs.
- Please use the bins provided for disposing of litter.
- We recommend you use the facilities before entering the main maze. There are no hidden toilets and it could take you quite a long time to find the exit.
- No outside food or drink is allowed except for babies. We do have a cafe on site and drinks will be readily available for purchase.
- Have fun!!!
The first maize maze (to our knowledge) was created on a farm in Pennsylvania, USA in the early 1990's.
Our maize grows fast! Planted from seed just a few months ago, the maize grows at an amazing rate! The rule of growing maize is: "Waist high by 4th of July." Our maize reached waist high well before and is still growing!
Lots of people ask why maize mazes aren't open year round. This is because come the Autumn we harvest the maize and use this to feed the cows and then once Spring arrives we plant new seed again to create yet another amazing maize maze!
There is one very important rule about mazes: you must end with the same amount of children you started with!
Please note- our maize path is wide enough for a pushchair; however the terrain is uneven and there are small holes about so would be a little tough going! You are welcome to leave your pushchair to the side of the maize entrance. Churchfields accepts no responsibility for lost or damaged items.